Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Think I'm excited about this.

Mirrors edge 2 was officially announced yesterday. I loved the first game, -ish.


(Just imagine a big 2 on there somewhere)

The gameplay and innovative mechanics were fantastic. But some parts went from broad side of a barn easy, to out drinking an Irish-man hard, in about 2 seconds flat. On top of that, the story wasn't very fulfilling, and didn't even really end. The levels overall, while offering multiple ways to complete them, were still heavily linear, and closed in, and in a parkour game, the last thing you want is linear and closed in.

That said. I'm taking the optimist position this time. And am hoping they'll do what valve did with left 4 dead 2. Take every complaint/idea I ever had, and implement them into the second game.

0 comments: